Got some good stuff to tell you about today, folks… let’s get into it.
- Veronica Roth has announced the title to book 2 of the Divergent trilogy! Secretively called “D2” up until now, Roth posted the new book’s title on her blog early last week. The sequel will be awesomely titled…. *drumroll please*…. INSURGENT. I haven’t read Divergent yet, but it’s got first dibs in my TBR pile.
- Megan McCafferty tweeted a story about a set of triplets who all gave birth to sons within two weeks of each other. She hinted that it reminded her of one of the plot points in Thumped, the sequel to Bumped. I’m not sure if I’m intrigued or disturbed.
- Aimee Carter, author of The Goddess Test, has a new dystopian series on the way. Book 1 (titled Masked) will be released in late September/October 2011. Unfortunately, the release date of Goddess Interrupted, sequel to The Goddess Test, has been pushed back to April 2012.
- Melissa Marr will be releasing a YA short story collection in February 2012 called “Fairy Tales and Nightmares.” FYI, the cover art is jaw-droppingly awesome.
- For those of you aching for more from Kelley Armstrong, the first chapter of her online novella was posted on her blog for you all to read and enjoy.
- Cassandra Clare is in the habit of posting teasers on her website for her upcoming books. This month’s teasers include one from Clockwork Prince, and a bonus teaser of a few lines of dialogue from City of Lost Souls. The CoLS bit has got me giddy for more spectacular Jace/Clary drama.
- For you Iron Fey series lovers out there, Julie Kagawa revealed the front and back cover art for The Iron Knight. I admit, I’m not much of a paranormal/fantasy reader, but those covers intrigue me enough to make me want to read this series.
- And in other uber exciting non-author related news, Lionsgate is having a contest in which one lucky fan can win a trip to the set of The Hunger Games! Head over to The Hunger Games Facebook page to enter, or read the article with the deets here. The contest started June 24. Winners will be announced the week of July 25.